Trinant RFC | 1st Team 8 - 20 Whiteheads RFC | 1st Team

Match Report
02 April 2018 / Team News

Vital Away win for the Edds

On a cold Easter weekend in the giddy heights at “The Twmp” in Trinant, Whitehead secured a vital away win in their chase for promotion against fellow promotion hopefulls. A soggy and muddy pitch meant that it was not going to be a game for free flowing rugby, which meant that the forwards had their work cut out and teams would try to take points whenever they became available. So, within minutes of the start when Whiteheads had a penalty just outside Trinant 22, Llyr Davies secured the first points of the match to make it 3-0 to the Edds. Minutes later Trinant had a penalty in kicking range but was just wide of the posts. Trinant kept the pressure on and they broke through Whiteheads defence to go in for a try in the corner, which made the conversion attempt hard, and was missed, making it 5 -3 to Trinant.. There followed a period where no team could get the upper hand, until Whiteheads backs managed to get some ball wide and John Farugia made a strong run down the right wing to go over in the corner for a try. The conversion was missed, making it 8 – 5 to Whiteheads. And they went into half time minutes later, happily in the lead. With the second half kicked off, it was Trinant who exerted all the pressure, gaining a penalty around the twenty two, which was missed, and then another penalty in the same area which was converted, making it 8 – 8. They gained another penalty minutes later in the same area but failed to convert it. Whiteheads regained possession and started playing the game in the opposition half and some good close work by the forwards resulted in a try in the corner for Jordan Davies, and was converted by Llyr Davies to make it 15 – 8 to Whiteheads. Whiteheads kept the pressure on and ten minutes later some more good close work by the forwards resulted in Lee Cox going over in the left hand corner. The conversion was missed, to maje it 20 – 8 to Whiteheads. With a bonus point in sight Whiteheads applied more pressure, but strong defense by the home team kept them out. Trinant then started playing in Whiteheads half applying their own pressure but failed to add to the score board. Full time was blown and Whiteheads players and coaches celebrated in the realisation of what the victory meant with only three games left in the league. 

1430 kick Off

1433 penalty Whiteheads, converted by Llyr Davies -Trinant 0 - Whitehead 3

1442 penalty Trinant - missed

1450 try Trinant, conversion missed – Trinant 5 – Whitehead 3

1506 try Whitehead by John Farugia = conversion missed, Trinant 5 – Whitehead 8

1511 half time

1517 KO

1519 penalty Trinant - missed

1521 penalty Trinant converted, Trinant 8 – Whitehead 8

1524 penalty Trinant missed

1533 try Whitehead by Jordan Davies converted by Llyr Davies Trinant 8 – Whitehead 15

1541 try Whitehead by Lee Cox conversion missed, Trinant 8 – Whitehead 20

1600 full time


Players Fixture player info not published.